Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thing 13: Track our Library

In searching Largo Public Library using Addictomtic and Social Mention I found a Times news article describing the library's classes for teaching English, a you tube video explaining how to reserve books at the drive-in online and in askme.com some comments on the library. Most comments were very positive.

I preferred using Addictomatic since its home page for the search categorized the sources of information: Yahoo, ask.com, google blg search, you tube, etc. It also showed where no information had been found.



I did sign up for a google alert for Largo Public Library at largo.com. Sure enough when I arrived at work, there it was. In manage alerts I immediately canceled that. I don't need more emails at work.

It seems to me that the library's website and newsletter provide the best and most recent information about us for the public. The search tools above can provide feedback from our patrons if they choose to post online. To keep people talking about us, it's the day to day positive contact of staff with the patrons that is very important. It's called the personal touch.

1 comment: