Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thing 13

I started with Addict-O-Matic and saw 2 videos of the library, 1 was showing patrons how to place a hold (good) the other just showed a patron sleeping in the magazine area. It was posted from someone's iPhone on 12/6/10, it seemed a little weird and random. No explanation was given, not sure why someone thought it was necessary to put it on You Tube.

I then looked at Social Mention because I thought the rating information would be interesting. I used the terms "Largo Public Library" and "Largo Library" and most of the results did not pertain to us. It took a long time to load...since it was searching the entire universe! The positive entries that I saw were from staff and the negative entries did not seem negative, BUT some had "negative" words in them that I think triggered that rating. One talked about OverDrive e-books for library users (not a Largo patron) and said that Apps were all the "rage" and mentioned people playing "Angry Birds". Nothing else about the blog was negative, so it looks like an imperfect rating system at best.

I also created a Google Alert for Largo Public Library

No comments:

Post a Comment