Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thing 18

Looked at the kids social network sites and the only one that I might agree with was Togetherville since it was self contained with no outsiders allowed.
I don't think it is a good idea for children under 13 to be involved in online social networks. They need to learn how to communicate face to face in schools, playgrounds and other social gatherings. Kids need to be allowed to be kids as long as possible before being pushed into the "real world". There is no substitution for outside play and interactions with friends and families.
I didn't actually explore LinkedIn because it required a sign up and I am not interested in a professional website.
Webjunction had a wealth of info for both the staff and patrons. There were numerous downloadable docs to assist patrons with where to go for some of there interests. I downloaded a doc for social technology sites. Site was easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment