Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thing 19

I looked at websites under Shopping and Travel (natch) and noticed that many of the 2010 picks were about saving money...Like www.groupon.com, which offers one day discounts on certain goods and services. If enough people buy the coupons, they can get over half off the price.www.gilt.com offers discounts on high end merchandise, that even with the discount is too expensive for me. However I loved the site www.renttherunway.com, where you can rent designer outfits and accessories, at 90% off the retail price, for special occasions! I love this idea because I would spend the same amount anyway, but I don't have to worry about something sitting in my closet because I have no other occasion to wear it. They will send 2 sizes to make sure of the fit, along with a return envelop (no postage required). Too bad I have nothing coming up to test this on, maybe one of my daughters would like to try it for weddings they are going to this year...The 2004 sites I looked at like, www.freshdirect.com, home food delivery service in NYC seem to empathize quality no matter the price. So economy has made a difference, also many of the 2010 sites have mobile apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment