Friday, February 18, 2011

Thing 18

I really don't like the idea of children being able to be on a social networking site, but now a days it seems like it's the "norm". I think the sites with more visible parental controls are a good way to go. Unfortunately in this day and age there are still too many people out there that can get on this sites. For the real young kids I like Scuttle Pad since there's guided communication, but I'm not sure how long it would take before they got bored with that. The learning games on the sites sound like they would be a good learning tool. I'm still just not that into social networking sites.

Linkedin would probably be a good tool for certain careers. Getting to know others in your field and job searching. The idea that the site even gives you info. about the companies is good too.

Webjunction - it's good to have a site that offers a place to hear about and discuss different library ideas. I wasn't thrilled that you have to pay for the classes, but at least you can find some there.

No comments:

Post a Comment