Monday, February 28, 2011

Thing 21

Site 1 I personally think the best site for looking up pretty much anything is of course, google.com. I had no idea what all it has to offer. It's very easy to navigate even for computer newbies.

Site 2 Would be diigo.com. This site is really great for people who use different computers but still want easy access to their favorite web sites. I just went back to look it over again and there are several new features being offered now. Like web highlighter for Ipad. It's nice to know that they are upgrading the site as different things become important to people.

Site 3 Of course you can't forget about music. For that I would recommend last.fm. There are so many different types of music offered, even from different eras. So I think it would be a great site for people of all ages.

Site 4 Pictures are very important to most people and being able to download, edit and send them to family and friends without having to pay for an expensive program is great. I know a lot of people use and love photobucket.com. I didn't take the time to explore all of it, but I think it's something that I'm going to try to do in the near future.

Site 5 For people who like to keep up to date on news, crafts, books, etc... Google reader is the site to try. I still try to remember to look at my page a couple of times a week. I haven't added anymore to it, but that's because I've been busy.

Site 6 I will recommend google docs to anyone who is working in a group. I think it's great that you can work on the same project without having to be at the same place. I wish this had been available when my kids were in school. It was hard to get a group of kids together outside of school hours to work on a project. And this way no one can lose it like you can a paper.

When it comes right down to it, I think showing people some of the things that google alone offers will give them pretty much everything they are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment